We're happy to announce the version 0.6.0 of Testkube - a test execution framework for Kubernetes. Testkube currently supports the execution of
- Postman collections for testing your microservices/APIs
- Cypress tests for testing your web UIs
- Curl commands for basic health/functional testing
There is a very rudimentary dashboard for monitoring test executions and results - a demo version is running at https://demo.testkube.io
Testkube is still pretty early in its development, but the long term vision is to
- Avoid vendor lock-in for test orchestration and execution in CI/CD pipelines
- Make it easy to orchestrate and execute any kinds of tests without having to wrap them in docker-images or providing external network access
- Make it possible to decouple test execution from build processes
- Centralise all test results in a consistent format for "actionable QA analytics"
We would love to get your feedback; could this fit into your testing activities for applications running under kubernetes? If no - why not? If yes - what can we do to make it even better?
Great thanks in advance!